Your lease is the legal contract between you and Silva Homes. It usually covers things from service charges and staircasing, to alterations and home insurance. It also outlines your responsibilities and our responsibilities.
Service charge FAQs
Service charges are an amount that customers pay to cover the cost of providing communal or shared services to a building and, if applicable, the surrounding estate. If you're unsure about what this means for you, we've put together a list of frequently asked questions about service charges to help.
Section 20 consultations
We are legally obliged to consult you before we carry out certain works or services for which you will have to pay under the terms of your lease. If you've received a letter about section 20 consultations and are unsure what that means, we've put together a list of FAQs that should help.
If you are a shared owner of your home, you can ‘staircase’ at any time. Staircasing allows you to buy additional shares in your property until you reach 100%.
Selling your shared ownership home
As a homeowner, you can sell your shared ownership home like any other property, but you must follow the procedures set out in your lease.
If you are a leaseholder and need to claim on the buildings insurance, please call Protector Insurance on 0161 274 9077, quoting policy number 788964-4.1
Information for leaseholders
Click on the buttons below to find out more about our leaseholder services.
- The leaseholder handbook
- Your lease overview
- Service charges [pdf] 214KB
- Extended payment and loan options for leaseholders
- Repairs and major works at your property
- Living in your neighbourhood
- Application form for permission for alterations
- Summary of leaseholder laws
- Glossary of leasehold phrases
- Other useful information (insurance, alterations, subletting, satellite dishes, lease extensions)
- FAQs about Silva Homes
- Give feedback on our leaseholder services