If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the free National Gas Emergency Services emergency line immediately: 0800 111 999
You can book an emergency repair at any time by calling 01344 382800 or freephone 0800 692 3000. We respond to all emergency repair requests within 24 hours, or sooner if it affects health and safety.
We will only visit your property straight away if health and safety is judged to be severely and immediately at risk, or if serious property damage is taking place.
If you provide any incorrect information or if it is not an emergency, we may charge you for the cost of the work.
Sometimes, we will implement a temporary fix to stop the problem from becoming dangerous and will return at a later date to permanently repair the issue. This second appointment will be booked for a time that is convenient for you.
Do I need an emergency repair?
You should book an emergency repair if your home has:
- Major structural damage
- A water leak that cannot be contained
- A total loss of electricity
- A loss of water supply, fire and flood damage
- Serious blockages to foul water drains (or blocked toilet if it is the only one)
- Loose or detached handrails, banisters or similar items
- Insecure external doors or windows
- Offensive or discriminatory graffiti
- A complete loss of heating and hot water in the winter season including secondary heating sources. Vulnerable customers will receive priority during peak times, which may include the provision of temporary heating.
Booking a repair
There are lots of ways to book a repair:
- Use My Silva.
- Call us on 01344 382 800.
- Send us a private message via Facebook Messenger.
- Speak to our team using live chat.
To book an emergency repair, please call us on 01344 382 800.