Welcome new customers
We are pleased to welcome new customers to Silva Homes.
Please read this page and follow the links for information to help you with your tenancy and living in your new home.
Our Voids and Lettings Team will have gone through the sign up process and explained the terms of your tenancy agreement to you. This page will give you more information. You can access all the documents by clicking on the links below or request printed copies by emailing (click here) or by calling 01344 382800.
Information for new customers
- Carbon monoxide
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Gas safety
- Water safety
- Having your cooker installed
- Condensation and mould
- Heating system instruction manuals
- Home emergencies and insurance
- Home safety and tips
- Paying your rent
- Paypoint outlets
- Benefits advice
- Guide to universal credit
- Guide to the monthly costs of living in your home
- Customer handbook
- Anti-social behaviour
- Pet ownership
- Rechargeable repairs
- Trees and hedges in your garden
- Useful telephone numbers
- Help for your home and local charities
- Green machine
- Employment course
- Switch your energy and get the best deals - save on your energy bills
- National Housing Federation home contents insurance leaflet - 10 reasons to get the home contents insurance
- Experian Rental Exchange privacy notice.
First six weeks
During the first six weeks of your new tenancy, please contact the Voids and Lettings Team with any queries or repairs that are needed. Please contact:
After six weeks
After six weeks, your tenancy will be managed by our Neighbourhood Services Team. Find your Neighbourhood Services Officer by clicking here.
Your Neighbourhood Services Officer will visit you at home within six weeks to make sure you are settling in and to help with any issues. They will also visit you again after nine months.
We ask all our customers to complete a satisfaction survey, which you can do by clicking here. We use your feedback to review our processes and recognise good service.