Value for money
We take value for money seriously and year-on-year we strive to be efficient, add value and deliver the best quality services within available budgets. We have produced self assessment of our value for money performance, which you can read by clicking below.
Value for Money is about managing our resources in the best way we can to provide high quality services at a fair cost. It is also about making our assets work hard for us – either through raising additional funding to deliver our corporate objectives or through planning our investment in the areas that will give us the best return.
We measure Value for Money in several ways:
- We check our costs against sector benchmarks and relate these to our performance levels; where we identify areas of underperformance we draw up improvement plans
- We evaluate our assets to identify where which are performing well; we measure market value and compare this to value in use
- We review our service delivery structures to make sure these are efficient and change them as necessary to deliver the best value service for customers
- We carry out regular service appraisals to identify areas of good and weak performance
- We involve our customers in scrutiny of our services and ask them to identify things we do well and areas for improvement.