Our repair responsibilities
We share the responsibility for home maintenance with our customers. We will repair your home for free if it is for an area that we are responsible for maintaining.
- The external structure and boundaries of the property
- Electrical wiring
- Communal areas
- Fixtures and fittings
Your repair responsibilities
We share the responsibility for home maintenance with our customers. You will need to pay for repairs to any area of your home that you are responsible for maintaining.
- Internal decor e.g. internal doors, handles and hinges
- Damage beyond the usual wear and tear
- Pest control
- Damage caused by neglect, deliberate or reckless behaviour
- Non-communal and internal TV aerials and satellites
- Non-communal garden areas
- Shower heads and hoses, toilet seats, and work surfaces.
How to avoid repairs charges
Report repairs as problems arise and keep your home in a good state of repair.
Know your responsibilities.
Seek written permission from Silva Homes before making alterations.
Clean and clear your property before moving or ending your tenancy. You may be recharged if you don't do this.
Ensure you keep any repair appointments you make. You may be recharged for missed appointments.
Easy repairs that you can do
Some home repairs are so easy to do, that you may not need professional help. Click the link below to find out how to do some of the easiest home repairs yourself:
Booking a repair
There are lots of ways to book a repair:
- Use My Silva.
- Call us on 01344 382 800.
- Send us a private message via Facebook Messenger.
- Speak to our team using live chat.
To book an emergency repair, please call us on 01344 382 800.