As a landlord, we are legally required to complete an electrical safety check in all of our homes every five years.
If we have contacted you to request access to your home for an electrical safety check and this hasn’t been completed yet, it is now overdue.
Why your safety may be at risk
These tests ensure that your home electrics, including your lights, sockets and fuseboard are safe to operate and do not become a fire risk.
Unsafe electrics are a huge fire safety risk and account for around a quarter of all domestic house fires, so these tests are really important for your safety.
Why your tenancy might be at risk
Your tenancy may be at risk because these safety tests are a legal requirement and, as stated in the agreement you signed at the start of your tenancy, you must give us access to your home when required.
If you don’t let us into your home in these circumstances, your actions will be considered a breach of tenancy.
Fortunately, it isn’t too late to book your electrical test and avoid legal action.
How to book an appointment
1. Call Crystal Electronics on 01933 226 410 to book your appointment.
2. We will then be notified that you have made the appointment and postpone any legal action.
3. As long as you allow the electrician access to your home, we will cancel any legal action.
If you are shielding in line with the government’s guidance
Please contact us on 01344 382 800 as soon as possible, so that we can delay your appointment and postpone legal action.
If you are self-isolating in line with the government’s guidance
If you are self-isolating in line with the government’s guidance, please call Crystal Electronics on 01933 226 410 immediately and they will delay your appointment until after your isolation period has finished.
How we are ensuring your safety
We understand that you may be hesitant to let us into your home due to Covid-19, so we have put safety measures in place to ensure your safety. This means that all electricians will:
- Wear high-quality Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including a face mask, nitrile gloves and overboots
- Maintain a safe social distance inside your home
- Use hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes regularly
- Have health checks every day to ensure they are symptom-free.