We’re proud to be part of PlaceShapers 2018 We Care campaign. We Care shows the extensive ways in which PlaceShapers members care for their communities.
It uncovers the true scale of our work in the housing sector, the breadth of caring services we provide and the impact we’re having on people’s lives, every day.
The campaign launches in Manchester at the Chartered Institute of Housing conference on Tuesday 26 June. It features 29 case studies from around the country.
PlaceShapers is a network of more than 100 community-focused housing associations like us. People are often aware of the homes we provide and are building but less aware of the range of additional services we provide for our residents and the wider community.
Here we provide new homes, retirement living schemes, repairs and maintenance, landscaping and grounds maintenance, money advice, hoarding support and a host of other community investment and customer engagement activities.
We Care also features national We Care Day on Friday 14 September when PlaceShapers around the country will set aside time to voluntarily do at least 1,000 hours of additional work in their local communities.
We Care builds on PlaceShapers 2017 campaign We Build which shows how members are building 152,000 homes by 2027. The 2016 campaign We Work shows how members have supported more than 60,000 people into jobs and training.
PlaceShapers have over 850,000 homes for rent, shared ownership, supported housing or sale. We house one in four people who live in a housing association home and provide services to more than two million people. We re-invest 100% of our profits into our homes and communities. All members sign up to these principles:
- We put our residents and customers at the centre of what we do and ensure they have real influence on our organisations
- We provide more than just landlord services because we care about the people and places where we work
- We build homes that respond to local housing need
- We recognise the importance of a local focus and work actively with our local authorities and other local partners to improve and shape places at both a strategic and operational level
- We believe there's strength and benefit to residents and stakeholders in maintaining a strong, independent, diverse, values-driven housing association sector.