Leasehold service charge invoices
Our leasehold customers will receive an invoice for their actual service charge bill for 2019/20 in the next few days.
What is an invoice for an actual service charge bill?
An actual service charge bill invoice is a list of all the services that were delivered for the communal areas in your property by Silva Homes between 1 April 2019 and 31 March 2020.
Your invoice shows how much the services were estimated to cost, as well as how much they actually cost.
You will be expected to pay the amount that the service actually cost, which is displayed as your “new balance”.
What is the impact of Covid 19 on my service charges?
We know that some of our services were impacted during the lockdown period.
We will not know the full impact until the end of the year and so you will not see a huge change in your estimates for the year, but when we do the actuals for this financial year (1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021), you will be charged for services that you received.
If you have any questions about our service charges, please contact our dedicated team.
A list of references to make your lease with us easier:
- The leaseholder handbook
- Your lease overview
- Service charges
- Extended payment and loan options for leaseholders
- Repairs and major works at your property
- Living in your neighbourhood
- Application form for permission for alterations
- Summary of leaseholder laws
- Glossary of leasehold phrases
- Other useful information (insurance, alterations, subletting, satellite dishes, lease extensions)
- FAQs about Silva Homes
- Give feedback on our leaseholder services
If you are a leaseholder and need to claim on the buildings insurance, please call Protector Insurance on 0345 266 9660, quoting policy number 788964/1.1