We know it can be hard to find training, a job or even to get an interview, so we play a key role in offering new opportunities for local people to be involved in work or training. Silva Homes offers free employment programmes and practical job hunting training to boost confidence and help you into work. All our programmes are supportive and friendly.
If you are looking to get into employment, let us give you a guiding hand.
Sarah Findlay, Employment Advice Co-ordinator
Helping you to find a job
Silva Homes works with The Skills Trust, a social organisation, to run a free course to help improve self-awareness, knowledge, skills, talent and building potential goals.
We also have a friendly employment advice co-ordinator who can work with you on a one to one basis and guide you through.
The project gives customers practical and life skills to help them to find work, and it is run throughout the year.
With this course you can learn how to improve your personal development so you can tackle day-to-day situations with more confidence.
Previous participants on the course said:
- Thank you for this opportunity. I’m loving and enjoying it all so much. I never thought I'd have come this far in regards to where my confidence was when I started. I'll be so sad when it all ends….no stopping me now.
- It gave me confidence; it helps to know that other people are in same boat. We helped and encouraged each other as a team. I liked seeing the progress of people.
- If I hadn’t done the course I wouldn’t have got that job.
- This course has removed me from a very large rut in my life and I would recommend it to anyone
- The placement helped me realise this is the type of job I want to do.
Read our case studies
- "The course gave me focus and confidence to keep applying for suitable roles. I would highly recommend it to anyone." Patricia Blyth
- "If it wasn't for the programme, I would still be stuck in a rut." Kate Darrall
- "I would recommend this option to anyone." Lynne and smartworks
- "The employment programme turned my dream into a a reality." Liam Redmond
- "The course was done very well and I am so glad I didn’t miss out on this opportunity. I could not be more satisfied." Yang Xuxia