Proud to support
We're proud to support many great services and charities in their work through our community grant:
ABC to read
ABC to read recruit and train volunteer reading mentors to go into schools and support hundreds of children learning to read across Berkshire
Homestart recruit and train volunteers from Bracknell Forest. Once trained, volunteers they are carefully matched with a family in need of support. Each family will receive two hours a week of help and support
Pilgrims Hearts is an interdenominational Christian charity specialising in working with vulnerable adults. This includes running the night shelter for the homeless throughout the winter months in Bracknell
St Paul's Contact Centre
St Paul's is a place for children to meet with parents with whom they no longer live with after a relationship breakdown
Youthline is Bracknell Forest’s free and confidential counselling service for young people attending secondary school and young adults up to the age of 25.
Apply for a grant to help the community
Applications may open again from April 2018.
Apply for up to £1,000 to support your local community.
Who can apply?
The Community Fund is open to customers of Silva Homes, voluntary groups and not-for–profit organisations working in our communities in Bracknell Forest.
Applications must demonstrate clearly the potential benefit to Silva Homes' residents and our communities.
If we have more applications than we can fund, grants will be awarded based on those that provide the most benefit. We will also ensure that a range of projects are supported.
Applications closed Friday 15 September 2017.
- Applicants must have a group/business account. We cannot provide cheques for individuals
- Grants are only awarded in areas where we have homes
- Silva Homes’ logo must be used on any promotional materials
- Grants must be used for the activities stated in your application and for no other reason unless subsequently approved by our selection panel
- You will need to fill in an outcomes monitoring form on completion of your project to demonstrate how it went and what the benefits have been to Silva Homes residents and our communities. The outcomes which need to be collected will be detailed in the funding conditions agreement.
- You will need to supply quotes in your application and provide receipts or bank statements to show how you have spent the money.
Sorry, but the fund can’t be used for any of the following:
- One-off events which are unlikely to have a lasting impact
- Sponsorships for national charities or charity travel initiatives – e.g. bike rides or trekking
- Work on an individual’s property or land
- A school project which does not involve the wider community
- To support political, religious or ‘lobby’ groups
- Projects which are deemed to be in breach of Silva Homes’ Equality and Diversity Policy
- School activities that clearly fall within the national curriculum
- Commercial enterprise.
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact Danielle Lane, Community Investment Manager, on 01344 382833.